It has been proven that the letters to the editor section of the paper is one of the most widely read sections of the newspaper. We encourage you to voice your opinion by writing and submitting a letter to the editor on issues that are important to you.
Letters to the editor should be sent via e-mail, postal mail or fax. Here's a couple of tips to keep in mind when writing:
- Each paper has its own guidelines on length, submission and contact information. Make sure you follow the specific guidelines provided by the paper.
- A short letter can be more effective than a long letter and stand a better chance of being printed.
- Be sure to include you full name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail.
- We encourage you to write in you own words and with your own passion.
- Make sure your letter is timely and relevant. Referring to a recent article published by the paper is one way to prove timeliness.