The MHAC needs your support to help individuals with mental health and addiction disorders.
The Mental Health & Addiction Advocacy Coalition mobilizes diverse organizations to positively drive change for individuals and families needing mental health & addiction services and supports. With authority and objectivity, the MHAC changes minds by engaging and influencing member organizations, policymakers, and the public through research and education. By identifying opportunities for and addressing barriers faced by people with mental health and addiction disorders, the MHAC changes people’s lives so they can experience success and a better future, growing stronger and healthier Ohio communities.
Your Tax Deductible Gift Helps Us...
- Bring together diverse stakeholders to develop informed and succinct messages for Ohio's policymakers.
- Advocate for increased local and state support for mental health and addiction prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
- Promote continued access to healthcare through the maintenance of Medicaid expansion and enforcing parity in Ohio.
- Work with mental health and addiction providers, public officials, and managed care organizations to promote a smooth transition during Ohio's Behavioral Health Redesign and managed care carve-in.
- Conduct research on local and state programs and policies impacting mental health and addiction services and communicate key messages to MHAC members and public officials.
- Host meetings and events to educate MHAC members and public officials about mental health and addiction issues present in our state.